Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JF-17 Related Discussion - 2011

988 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Any chance that sherdils and jf17 flying demo...?

02-05 Feb Al Ain Aerobatic Show Al Ain Airport, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Posted · Report post

How many Thunders are completed by now.Last I heard that 21 were completed by the end of the year. Any confirmation!

We should have 50 in PAF inventory by the end of 2011

Posted · Report post

How many Thunders are completed by now.Last I heard that 21 were completed by the end of the year. Any confirmation!

We should have 50 in PAF inventory by the end of 2011

Also, when does JF17 get its FOC stripes? Any news on SD10/ and anti-ship missile testing ?

Posted · Report post

I have the schedule here

Will copy that to pakdef asap.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Jf17 testplane 04

Unknown deliverdate

101 and 102

3 march 2006

103 to 108

February 2007

109 to 110

July 2009 and start pak production

111 to 116

Okt- dec 2009

117 to 129

15 to 16 planned in 2011

15 to 16 planned in 2012

From that it is up to 25 a year

So the 50 in 2012 seems to be pretty correct.

A strange development is the fiscal year... Though 113 was produced in 2009 it has code 10-113. Could be induction year... But could also be a delayed production. Same logic goes for F16 which have fiscal year 2010... Ordered a lot earlier. And surely do aircraft have a serial and production numbers.

Edited by Munir

WS-13 engine of JF-17 development may be well on its way!

Liyang company successful maiden flight of a new engine:

Saturday, January 15, 2011: On April 18 afternoon, in an airport line, equipped with Yang Li of a company to develop and produce new engine aircraft ready to go, 14:57 With the deafening roar of the aircraft to fly vigorous heroic blue sky, 18 minutes After the flight, smooth landing, the engine works, works well. At this point, a new type of aircraft engine equipped with a successful maiden flight, it marks a new type of aircraft, engines and dynamic localization of a major breakthrough in development work.

Sets a new engine is the first industrial use of the Central Air, "co-investment, joint development, risks and shared interests" of the "four common" model developed by the engine, in the development of the organization, management on innovation and exploration.

In 2001 development work started in 2005, approved by the former China Aviation Industry, in 2006's first domestic Bench test machine, completed in 2008 at height table test assessment, completed in 2009 flight table test.

Successful maiden flight, the combination of parameters in the aircraft industry and research units Liyang cadres and workers a decade of sweat and effort.

(Courtesy: China Airlines & CDF)

Edited by Saeed Khan

Posted · Report post

pshamim sb air chief confirmed today that 21 Jfs are in "final stage" while 9 are being manufactured" also confirmed was that the 2nd squadron of Jfs to be inducted in march 2011 and 45 F16 will be MLUed in Turkey:):):) actual news can be accessed here.http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=10156

Posted · Report post

just a thought.... if 9 are in manufacturing stage (21=9=30) then would be able to reach a target of 50 by December 2011???? we would DEFINITELY need quite a boost to our production line... 20 JFs in 9-10 months would be quite a challenge:rolleyes::confused:

Posted · Report post

AOA;

Isn´t JF-17 manufactured in a serial line?

Imran

Posted · Report post

just a thought.... if 9 are in manufacturing stage (21=9=30) then would be able to reach a target of 50 by December 2011???? we would DEFINITELY need quite a boost to our production line... 20 JFs in 9-10 months would be quite a challenge:rolleyes::confused:

Already produces and active + final stages + to be produced = 50.

x + 21 + 9 = 50

So we probably have 20 ready now. Which seems to be in line with what I wrote earlier... Production 2010 batch numbers 117-129.

Posted · Report post

Munir i dont want to sound pessimistic here nor am i in any way questioning the credibility of your information but don't you think coming up with 20 (future) + 9 (already in production) will be something of a daunting task for us. As you stated above that in 2010 we made 14 jfs (117 to 129) and now we are aiming for 9 + 20 in about 11 months (considering the 9 in production are completed within January 2011).

are they adding a new production line there somewhere in the near future???... i wish and pray that they are as if confirmed then by now this surely will be best news of 2011 :D

Posted · Report post

Yet again, great Munir sahib brought correct news, Confirmed from my contacts. We have already expanded the production capability as posibility of export is very fair and since Chinese production lines for FC-1 are at present limited, PAC might support it for major parts. Confirmation on this from Chinese side is pending. IN that case, production lines will be further expanded. It's good that this time around, we'll be helping Chinese as well.

The 21 Munir sahib mentioned are ready. Status is confirmed. I wonder why there is no ceremony held so far for formal induction. Its already Month's end. INshallah after 31st, there would be more good news.

Anyone in Sydney, I am here on Business trip :)

Posted · Report post

Fabulous news, but it leaves me confused. The way this is going we will have 50 JF-17s this year, perhaps even by the summer. So when does Block II production start? We haven't even seen a prototype!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for confirming it yaar EagleHannan. Have fun in Down Under!

Posted · Report post

great news indeed. i was thinking of a 5th line and we have 6th in place as well.... :cool::cool::cool: this year will no doubt turn out to be the sweetest for the PAF. like mominkhan I would also like to know if anybody got any news of development regarding block 2????

Posted · Report post

Salaam Munir

I am old enough to remember this track ;)

Ws

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I am feeling sometimes very old. The good old times. I now how to explain to my kids that it was different back then and we had no Ipads.. ;)

Anyway. About those JF17 elevators. Some people would ask why the tip is different compared to F16...

JF17:

http://thepakistanblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/wpid-jf17thunder.jpg

F16:

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/f16-bottom-view.jpg

It is for aviation engineer not very complex. The size is related to stability and the force needed to turn the plane. You see F16 having huge elevators. It needs them cause it uses them to roll and without ailerons you do need some momentum... The JF17 has the conventional ailerons and does not use elevators to roll. But the tip of the JF17 is kind of angled... That has relationship with the vortices at the end of the wing which does make the impact zero at 1/5th end part of the wing. You see the same on many planes were ailerons end before the end of the wing. That last part it does not make any difference what the ailerons do. There is no control there. So with this angled part the JF17 eliminated the less controlled area of the elevator.

Posted · Report post

Anyone in Sydney, I am here on Business trip :)

EagleHannan PM me when you free. I am in oz land as well....

Regards.

Posted · Report post

Some info from cmf

The Russian later hike up the price of the MKI to Rs 480 crore, maybe because they know the MiG-35 is losing the MMRCA contention. Together with the price of the leading MMRCA candidates, the IAF is looking at the following prices:

LCA - $40-44.4 mil (Rs 180-200 crore)

Su-30MKI - $102 mil (Rs 480 crore)

Rafale - $82 mil (€64 mil)

Typhoon - $81 mil (€63 mil)

Gripen - $40-61 mil

F-18E/F - $55 mil

In comparison, the estimated price for the Chinese/Pakistani aircrafts:

JF-17 - $15 mil est

J-10 - $27.84 mil (RMB 190 mil) est export price

Posted · Report post

what is the point

beside LCA will be in the range of 20 -25 million USD

New version of Su-30 MKI will be around that price older version in production will be approximately 40 -50 million usd.

Beside IAF can afford to spend that amount of money on the contrary PAF cannot.

On a side note, we still have to see if the chinese can produce cheaper stuff with similar capabilities. Will J-10B with 40 Million USD gona be same as that of F/A-18E/F or Typhoon

Posted · Report post

I just copied a post. Added nothing. Not even sure what the numbers should be.

Some info from cmf

The Russian later hike up the price of the MKI to Rs 480 crore, maybe because they know the MiG-35 is losing the MMRCA contention. Together with the price of the leading MMRCA candidates, the IAF is looking at the following prices:

LCA - $40-44.4 mil (Rs 180-200 crore)

Su-30MKI - $102 mil (Rs 480 crore)

Rafale - $82 mil (€64 mil)

Typhoon - $81 mil (€63 mil)

Gripen - $40-61 mil

F-18E/F - $55 mil

In comparison, the estimated price for the Chinese/Pakistani aircrafts:

JF-17 - $15 mil est

J-10 - $27.84 mil (RMB 190 mil) est export price

Indian Air Force (IAF) purchased 40 Sukhois-30s in 2007 for $1.6 billion (Rs7,490 crore), that is $40 million (Rs190 crore) a piece.

Figures tabled in Indian parliament, show that another deal for 40 + 2 Sukhois (2 are replacements for aircraft that crashed last year), to be manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL) under licence from the Russian Federation’s Irkutsk, has been struck for $4.3 billion (Rs20,125 crore), that is $102 million (Rs480 crore) a piece.

The latest deal will make the IAF inventory 270-strong and India the largest operator of Sukhois by 2018, when HAL is to deliver the aircraft.

With ADA having spent a little over Rs 6,000 crore so far in developing the Tejas, it is expected that the Indian fighter will cost Rs 180-200 crore apiece, with the naval version of the Tejas costing about Rs 10 crore more. Amortising the development cost over a production run of 200 fighters would raise the price by another Rs 30 crore apiece.

So @ current exchange rates

LCA ............ $39.47 - 43.85 mil (180-200 crore) Without development cost (February 5, 2011)

..................$46.00 - 50.43 mil (210-230 crore) With development cost

..............................................(180-200 crore +development cost of 30 crore )

N-LCA...........$41.66- 46.00 mil (190-210 crore) Without development cost (February 5, 2011)

........................$48.24- 52.63 mil (220-240 crore) With development cost

....................(180-200 crore +development cost of 30 crore + 10 crore for N-LCA)

SU-30MKI ...........$102 million (Rs480 crore) (Aug 17, 2010)

SU-30MKI ...........$105.26 million (Rs480 crore) (Feb 12, 2011) @ current exchange rates

Prices of MMRCA contenders don't include the spare-parts, weapons and services.

First 4 LCA Tejas will be handed over to the IAF by “March 2012” as per Ashok Nayak, Chairman and Managing Director of HAL. After that HAL will produce 8 LCA Tejas fighters per year.

Edited by jawad