Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pak Navy related discussion: May - August 2010

143 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

New Zealand still use the Seaspirit.

To be honest US has alot of surplus examples and not many surplus SH-60s. I think choice may be either free SH-2s and pay for upgrade or having to pay for brand new SH-60s.

Anyway, is not PN chopper fleet becoming somewhat of a circus now? Aloutte 3, Z-9, Lynx, Sea King. Does such a small air arm need 4 different chopper types!?

Posted · Report post

Re U-214 purchase by Pakistan, it islikely now. Have heard from reliable sourses that AZ killed it just few days before the deal was going to be signed with French in his sight. Well that front seems to have gone dry after leaks about Agosta deal and Sarkozy and Zardari tied to it.

No offence, but we have been hearing "from reliable sources" from various members on this deal for around 3 years now. I will belive it when I see it.

Posted · Report post

Re U-214 purchase by Pakistan, it islikely now. Have heard from reliable sourses that AZ killed it just few days before the deal was going to be signed with French in his sight. Well that front seems to have gone dry after leaks about Agosta deal and Sarkozy and Zardari tied to it.

I don;t believe anything till Zardari is burried. How pathetic to see him with two of his daughters while he is shaking hands with the president of China. Why are those girls there...? If you look at the the Chinese you can see they are really not happy with him.

Posted · Report post

Spot on Munir. Its almost shameful to watch. U can only imagine what goes through the head of the Chinese President...

Posted · Report post

I don;t believe anything till Zardari is burried. How pathetic to see him with two of his daughters while he is shaking hands with the president of China. Why are those girls there...? If you look at the the Chinese you can see they are really not happy with him.

A chance for the chinese to meet the future leaders of pakistan perhaps?!

On a relevant note, lets hope that pshamim has heard right and the gernamn deal is on - we can only pray!

ndad

Posted · Report post

Lynx have been in storage for the past several years.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Visits real purpose is a family holiday and seeing the Chinese President is just a side event.

Are we having trouble getting spare parts for the Lynx, are they normally armed or just for liaison activities ?

Edited by Farooq

Posted · Report post

Why on earth did we buy the Lynxs? Also, are we phasing out the Aloutte IIIs yet?

Posted · Report post

Would it not be better to replace the older versions with the chinese made choppers that are going to service the F22 frigates?

Would mean that they are easier to manage, maintain and there would be consistency!

ndad

The US has offered Pakistan five refurbished SH-2I Super Seasprite maritime helicopters for $67 million.

Will these be Ex-Royal Australian Navy 's Super Seasprite helicopters or the ex-US Navy Seasprite

Edited by jawad

Posted · Report post

Why on earth did we buy the Lynxs? Also, are we phasing out the Aloutte IIIs yet?

Been in storage for years with spares/maintenance a mjaor issue.

Aziz

Posted · Report post

The US has offered Pakistan five refurbished SH-2I Super Seasprite maritime helicopters for $67 million.

For use on the Oliver Perry Class I presume.

Paid for from US aid so we can't complain and it's not as if our Navy helicopter fleet is state of the art any way.

Aziz

Posted · Report post

They are most probably intended for OHPs.The issue is Kaman bought 11 of these from australia for 39.4 million and wants to sell it to Pakistan for 67 millions $ , thats 15.4 million a piece!

This is quite expensive!

Posted · Report post

Three ex-RN Lynx were purchased in 1994 with an option of three more helicopters. Some quarters questioned this purchase seriously and the logical conclusion is that Adm. Mansoor and Zardari forced this deal, hence, kick-backs.

These Lynx were inducted in 222 Sqd but were never made operational.

Yes, spare-parts was the main issue.

Posted · Report post

Paid for by US Funds, this is not a bad deal, if accepted, probably be the most advanced ASW Helo in PN. More then likely for OPH, this would indicate that PN is expected to get another 5/6 OPH, but likely short haul ship with capacity for single Helo. They may seems expensive, but Pak is not paying a dime in direct cost. Take it or leave, the indirect cost to Pak will still be there.

No offence, but we have been hearing "from reliable sources" from various members on this deal for around 3 years now. I will belive it when I see it.

I really hope and pray that the news of U-214 killed by AZ is wrong and nd others are right.

you first heard about this deal 5 years ago when I posted it on Pakdef in 2005. This Post was based on the information from my sourse . Unfortunately it is the same sourse for this latest information. Go to archives and see for yourself.

pshamim10-03-2005, 03:29 PM

Friends,

Here is something else to ponder about- German submarines for Pakistan. Pak Navy is talking to very receptive Germans for assembling them in Pakistan. I do not know which submarines and whether they will be produced under license in Pakistan.

My source will not divulge any more informations.

Can someone with another source get more info.

http://www.pakdef.info/forum/archive/index.php/t-7402.html

I later identified the submarine to be U-214

stop being sarcastic and belittling my sourses. I have respect for every one here and never use language which may be construed as sarcastic or insulting.

Edited by pshamim

Posted · Report post

Thank you Pshamim sahab for the news.It is indeed a good news and we hope PN signs the U214 deal asap.

Posted · Report post

Thank you Pshamim sahab for the news.It is indeed a good news and we hope PN signs the U214 deal asap.

Nahin Bhai, the deal was killed by Zardari last year few days before it was signed. But then he also lost the opportunity to make money with French when the news came out that both he and Sarkozi were involved in all kinds of hanky panky with Agosta deal. After the french on going investigations, if there is a deal, it will be closely scrutinized by the French Courts denying Zardari the loot.

We do not need external enemies. We already have termites like Zardari who are eating up the country and Naoozo Billah on a destructive path for selfish reasons.

Posted · Report post

I really hope and pray that the news of U-214 killed by AZ is wrong and nd others are right.

you first heard about this deal 5 years ago when I posted it on Pakdef in 2005. This Post was based on the information from my sourse . Unfortunately it is the same sourse for this latest information. Go to archives and see for yourself.

I later identified the submarine to be U-214

stop being sarcastic and belittling my sourses. I have respect for every one here and never use language which may be construed as sarcastic or insulting.

Sorry if you feel I was insulting. I did not mean to.

However, it is just that people often post such news on different matters and then when things do not materialise people ask why.

Often our forces have suprised us completely with aqquisitions or purchases we never heard about on this forum.

I am just saying, lets just wait till we got official confirmation.

Posted · Report post

pshamim,

thanks for the info - can you just clarfiy if i'vegot this right:

1.Zardari killed the inintial deal

2. he wanted to go french and therefore the kickbacks

3. He couldnt go french because of the revelations about himand sarkozy

4. U214 is back on the table but not yet signed?

thanks

ndad

Posted · Report post

With a number of NATO members experience severe pressure to reduce public expenditure in a bid to reduce their exposure to debt now may be an opportune time for the Pak military to look into acquiring platforms that are being retired prematurely in cost savings exercises. By no means should we look into introducing new systems but we can certainly look to bulk up our inventories. Germany is looking to dispose of a number of Sea Kings which I'm sure the PN could benefit from. I say forget the seasprites and go for more Z9's plus Seakings. We could actually get a number of units that could form an air assault element for the Marines/NSSG.

Germany Debates Steep Cuts in Aircraft, Ships

By Albrecht Müller

Published: 8 Jul 2010 12:22

Print Print | Print Email

BONN - According to an internal working paper, the German military might retire large numbers of planes, helicopters and ships as well as reduce buys of new weapons.

According to a July 7 report by the German newspaper Bild, this could save up to 9.3 billion euros ($11.7 billion) over the long run.