Pakistan Navy Pictures & Videos - II

455 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think it could it be influenced by U214 and U216 as u216 have simillar 3-cells behind the tower.

​Perhaps  the biggest travesty for PN not getting those three German subs.

Fahad L likes this

Posted · Report post

I think it could it be influenced by U214 and U216 as u216 have simillar 3-cells behind the tower.

It makes a lot of sense that these hatches are VLS cells. Babur 1 has a length of 6.5 meters, about 29 feet. I don’t know the length of Babur 3, but this should mean a draught of over 30 feet for the sub. Being the same length as Agosta 90B, the sub would be heavier and top speed would be lower. 

Just my speculation. 

Posted · Report post

We discussed this issue in detail at the tkme .I remember p Shamim saying that the deal wasn't as good as we all thought and some of the caveats or restrictions made it difficutd for PN to go for it.

ndad

Posted · Report post

​Zardari ruined the kitty of all the money , thats how economic hitmen work.The U214 was a done deal that slipped out of Pak hands.

H Khan likes this

Posted · Report post

We discussed this issue in detail at the tkme .I remember p Shamim saying that the deal wasn't as good as we all thought and some of the caveats or restrictions made it difficutd for PN to go for it.

ndad

​Please refreash my memory is to what restriction...