Pakistan Navy Pictures & Videos - II

455 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Can anyone upload images/video of induction ceremony of second F-22P frigate(PNS SHAMSHEER)!!!

Posted · Report post

The second F-22P/Type-053 Class Frigate for Pakistan Navy (from China) enters Karachi's port for the 1st time. The pictures were taken as it arrived for formal induction ceremony today (23rd January, 2010). These are exclusive pictures for Defencetalk.

post-3056-136479017718.jpg

post-3056-13647901773.jpg

post-3056-136479017742.jpg

post-3056-136479017817.jpg

Posted · Report post

Can someone please ID the other two ships berthed ? The ones bearing numbers 185 and 186 ...

There seems to be some action at the ship in the rear in the 2nd pic .... some fire fighting ?!

Posted · Report post

Can someone please ID the other two ships berthed ? The ones bearing numbers 185 and 186 ...

There seems to be some action at the ship in the rear in the 2nd pic .... some fire fighting ?!

Nirav,

In the whole world there is a tradition of first time somewhere. You have that with planes (and firefighters) and ships... Don't they have these kind of traditions in India?

Posted · Report post

The second F-22P/Type-053 Class Frigate for Pakistan Navy (from China) enters Karachi's port for the 1st time. The pictures were taken as it arrived for formal induction ceremony today (23rd January, 2010). These are exclusive pictures for Defencetalk.

Nirav,

In the whole world there is a tradition of first time somewhere. You have that with planes (and firefighters) and ships... Don't they have these kind of traditions in India?

Err ... i'm not too sure what you are trying to say .... :confused:

Ulla likes this

Posted · Report post

He is saying the tugboats shoot up water to welcome ships into the harbour as part of a very old tradition. Which is exactly what is going on there.

Ulla likes this

Posted · Report post

He is saying the tugboats shoot up water to welcome ships into the harbour as part of a very old tradition. Which is exactly what is going on there.

Oh okay ... i wasnt aware of that ... thanks .. :)

the 2nd pic had lot of black smoke ... made me wonder what it was .. so ...

Posted · Report post

These are Type 21 Frigates acquired from UK in 1993.

F185 PNS Shah Jahan

F186 PNS Tippu Sultan

Ulla likes this

Posted · Report post

Well I took these pics :D ... Thanks for bringing these in here. I just go too lazy to post them everywhere, so just posted them on Defence Talk and Sino Defence and waited for someone to proliferate from there on.

Couple of days before this pic I was on PNS Tariq when F-22P Zulfiqar made its way back to the docs. Chance to see Shamsheer was a lucky fortune. I happened to be visiting the Karachi Port (apparent in the pics) - which is opposite to the naval port - when Shamsheer entered Pakistan/Karachi for the 1st time. I may soon visit one of these ships on board hopefully - fingers crossed.

Following few minutes behind Shamsheer was one of our Agosta-90B. Since I was on duty and too lazy I decided not to take its pics. But I did take pics of Agosta-90B when I was at Naval side of the docs. You can find those pics on DT.

Ulla likes this

Posted · Report post

These are Type 21 Frigates acquired from UK in 1993.

F185 PNS Shah Jahan

F186 PNS Tippu Sultan

Thanks for IDing them ...

I'm still not able to figure out the smoke in the second pic tho ....

Posted · Report post

You need to look closely. Sourse of smoke seems to be a boat, probably a tug boat on the left, away from the frigate. Smoke can clearly be seen dispersing in the back ground.

Posted · Report post

Smoke in 2nd to left picture is from 252, exhaust most probably from reverse engine to slow down,

Ulla likes this

Posted · Report post

why is the smoke so dark? cant we apply some sort of a filtering mechanism to make the smoke less obvious?

Posted · Report post

Smoke in 2nd to left picture is from 252, exhaust most probably from reverse engine to slow down,

The smoke is not coming from Shamsheer

It was coming from a weird looking boat. I just happened to be standing in a position where the smoking boat disappeared behind Shamsheer, hence when I took the picture it gave an illusion that it was coming from 252. and the boat was smoking even before Shamsheer arrived at the port.

I have seen both PNS Zulfiqar and PNS Shamsheer. Neither of them are in habit of smoking :D

Ulla likes this

Posted · Report post

It was coming from a weird looking boat. I just happened to be standing in a position where the smoking boat disappeared behind Shamsheer, hence when I took the picture it gave an illusion that it was coming from 252. and the boat was smoking even before Shamsheer arrived at the port.

I have seen both PNS Zulfiqar and PNS Shamsheer. Neither of them are in habit of smoking :D

Sabre Saheb, I agree. people are looking at an illusion created by ships position.

Reported Turkish video of Pakistan navy's next generation milgem stealth corvette?????

Posted · Report post

Ok, since wasn't there so assumed, thanks for clarification.