Welcome to PakDef.org : Pakistan Military Consortium
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bridges TV

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

H Rehman

H Rehman

• Members
  • 917 posts
Bridges TV is the only islamic tv in America. They deserve our support. It is worth while to contribute to keep it going as it is working to add an islamic voice to the American mediascape, and working to disspell negative stereotypes about Islam. Please try to help them.

Sorry I didn't know where to post this.

Dear Friends:
Assalam Alaikum. For 5 years, the entire Community has worked very hard to make Bridges TV a successful voice for Muslims on mainstream American television, nationwide, 24x7 in English. Two years ago we were in 10k pay homes. Today Bridges TV is available as a FREE channel in 2.5 million homes – 90% of these are non-Muslim homes – and adding 100,000 new homes every month.

With your support, we are overcoming powerful forces that smear us, leaving ordinary Americans fearful of their Muslim neighbors. The FREE distribution of Bridges TV into non-Muslim American homes is tearing down these walls of ignorance. However, the FREE distribution has put us in a cash crunch.

After 5 years of hard work, we are only 12 months away from breaking even and self-sufficiency. To survive the next 12 months, we need to urgently raise $1 million. If we are unable to raise these funds, the only Muslim voice on mainstream American television will have to shut down. Please give whatever you can afford so we can change the image of Muslims in America.

Thank you.
Muzzammil Hassan
President, Bridges TV

1. To donate by credit card, please visit www.bridgestv.com/donate.asp

2. You can send a wire transfer to:
M&T Bank,
Attn: Payment Services,
One M&T Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14203
ABA: 022000046, Chips: 0555,
Swift Code: MANTUS33
Account #: 8891672217,
Account Name: Bridges Network.

3. You can mail in your check to:
Bridges TV
227 Thorn Avenue, Studio V
Orchard Park, NY 14127

"There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no one independence quite so important, as living within your means."

Hameed I

Hameed I

• Members
  • 2,868 posts
How one can catch transmission of Bridges TV in Pakistan? I think its only being televised in US.

Regards,

Alam

Alam

• Members
  • 654 posts
Man arrested in wife’s beheading

Authorities say suspect is founder of cable TV network for Muslims

BUFFALO, N.Y. - A suburban Buffalo man who founded a cable TV station to promote better understanding of Muslims in the U.S. has been arrested on charges he beheaded his wife.

Orchard Park police arrested Muzzammil Hassan, 44, on Thursday for investigation of second-degree murder, The Buffalo News reported.

Police identified the victim as Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37. Her body was found at his business, Bridges TV.

Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004 amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light. Its slogan was "connecting people through understanding."

According to authorities, Aasiya Hassan recently filed for divorce and had a protection order against her husband, the Buffalo News reported.

"Obviously, this is the worst form of domestic violence possible," Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III said Friday.

Link
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaehe rajioun.

Truly saddening, horrific and unthinkable.:(

zia ul haq

zia ul haq

• Senior Members
  • 4,001 posts
Asalamo-a-laikum.

The guy sets up a channel to counter misunderstandings about Muslims, but then beats up and ultimately beheads his wife. I can see how that helps us...

US Muslim TV boss 'beheaded wife'
The founder of a US Muslim TV network has been charged over the beheading of his wife, media reports say.

Muzzammil Hassan, 44, is accused of second degree murder of Aasiya Hassan, whose body was found last week at the TV station in New York state.

Both Mr Hassan and his wife worked at Bridges TV, a station aimed at countering stereotypes of Muslims.

Authorities said Mrs Hassan, 37, had recently filed for divorce. The couple had two children, aged four and six.

Bridges TV, a satellite-distributed news and opinion channel, was founded by Mr Hassan in 2004 and was based in a suburb in Buffalo, in upstate New York.

Mrs Hassan had filed for divorce after enduring previous incidents of domestic violence, her lawyer told the Buffalo News.

In a statement on its website, Bridges TV said it was "deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya (Zubair) Hassan and subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan".

A family court hearing was due to address the future of the couple's two children.

Their grandparents have travelled from Texas and Pakistan to attend the hearing, John Tregilio, a lawyer for the children, told the Buffalo News.

Mr Hassan also has two other children, aged 17 and 18, from a previous marriage, according to reports.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/7894721.stm

Published: 2009/02/17 12:53:36 GMT

© BBC MMIX
LOVE OR LEAVE PAKISTAN.
Wa-salaam.
Zia.

Hameed I

Hameed I

• Members
  • 2,868 posts
Zia Sahib, which TV channel did he own?

Regards

zeeshan

zeeshan

• Senior Members
  • 3,858 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Assalamaoalukum,

This SOB had to do it. Today I read a letter to editor which coveniently linked Islam, Sharia, Beheading and peace deals in Pakistan by giving this guy's example as someone using Islamic teachings to punish his wife!!

And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me."

But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me."

No! But you do not honor the orphan

And you do not encourage one another to feed the poor.

And you consume inheritance, devouring [it] altogether,

And you love wealth with immense love.

Surat Al-Fajr.(89:15-20).

Hameed I

Hameed I

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Assalamaoalukum,

This SOB had to do it. Today I read a letter to editor which coveniently linked Islam, Sharia, Beheading and peace deals in Pakistan by giving this guy's example as someone using Islamic teachings to punish his wife!!

Bro, I'm sure you didn't read it in Pakistani Newspaper. If I correctly remember, I also read a piece similar to this one in New York Times.

Regards

zeeshan

zeeshan

• Senior Members
  • 3,858 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Assalamaoalaukum,

It was in the Toronto Star newspaper.

And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me."

But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me."

No! But you do not honor the orphan

And you do not encourage one another to feed the poor.

And you consume inheritance, devouring [it] altogether,

And you love wealth with immense love.

Surat Al-Fajr.(89:15-20).

Hameed I

Hameed I

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Assalamaoalaukum,

It was in the Toronto Star newspaper.

W/ Sallam,

I just tried to locate the exact piece but couldn't find. I think the same guy sent the same piece to New York Times. Anyways, thank you for clarification.

Regards

jaheen100

jaheen100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

How can I watch this tv channel in Pakistan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users