Syria

231 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Al Jazeera - Qatari propaganda bullhorn!

Posted · Report post

Al Jazeera - Qatari propaganda bullhorn!

Care to elaborate on what part of that documentary is propaganda? Or do you only believe what Putin shows on RT?

Sultan, Abd-rehman Ali and FaisalK like this

Posted · Report post

The Russians are destroying alleppo, just as the Americans did fallujah, twice, during the occupation. They'll do the same again to Mosul and the Saudis won't be left behind in Yemen. In summary, no one gives a **** about how much misery and chaos they spread or how many innocents are murdered as long as they achieve their aims yet all will gladly champion human rights.

ndad

Posted · Report post

Care to elaborate on what part of that documentary is propaganda? Or do you only believe what Putin shows on RT?

So long as entities act on the basis of sectarian ideologies, whose foundations are based on cultural or ethnic grounds. Such entities shall remain flawed in their actions and judgement, socially and politically.

You have asked me to elaborate on my comment, where I call Al-Jazeera, a Qatari propaganda bullhorn.

I would like to respond by going to the root of issue. Al-Jazeera News is a state funded News Network. As with most, if not all state funded news networks. The network predominately adheres to the state narrative on matters closer to home.

Some of the journalists who have worked with and/or for Al-Jazeera News, have stated the duality of this news channel. The likes of Oren Kessler, Gregg Carlstrom, David Kirkpatrick, Najat Fawzy Al-Saied are to name a few. They have written about the bias of Al-Jazeera. That the news network promotes and propagates the Qatari foreign policy in the Middle East.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/hillary-clinton-wikileaks-email-isis-saudi-arabia-qatar-us-allies-funding-barack-obama-knew-all-a7362071.html

http://www.meforum.org/3147/al-jazeera

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/world/middleeast/qatars-support-of-extremists-alienates-allies-near-and-far.html?_r=1&referer=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/

http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/4941

In the links above, are various articles by fore mentioned journalists who have worked with or for, Al-Jazeer News.

What is happening in Syria, is atrocious, is inhumane and evil. Qatari and Saudi involvement is both shameful and deplorable. It gives further creedance to what I said earlier, that entities who base their policies on the basis of ethnic, nationalistic or sectarian ideologies, are inherently flawed and are ill-equipped to play a decisive role in any major political or strategic matter.

As for the Russians, well if we have the likes of Qataris and Saudis pandering to the Western foreign policies. Then it is not only the Russians, but also the Qataris, Saudis, Iranians and Americans who ought to be publicly denounced and there should be a unilateral withdrawal.

A matter of importance, that is most of the time over looked, is that Syrian Crisis took the shape of armed struggle for freedom in 2011. Where defectors were joining the Free Syrian Army and there was a glimmer of hope that a true indigenous rebellion would unite the majority of the Syrian people against the oppression of a tyrant. At the time, Russians didn't involve themselves in the Syrian matter and considered it internal.

However, when the western countries began their warships into the Mediterranean Sea. When it became apparent to the Russians that another Libya was on the cards. They intervened and displayed sound diplomacy. The evidence of which was in the surrender and the subsequent destruction of the Syrian regime's chemical weapons.

But it seems as though a peaceful freedom of the Syrian people was not possible. Qatar and Saudi Arabia made sure of it. By politically supporting, initially funding and subsequently arming ISIS, as has now been revealed by the Wikileaks data dump.

The Qatari/Saudi regimes have a target fixation, it's called Iran. Yet another country (Iran) whose basis of foreign policy, hinges on ethnic, cultural and sectarian ideology. None of the parties involved have the interests of the Syrian people at heart. None seem to understand that methods of diplomatic resolution, are powerful tools with which desired peace can be achieved.

I do not personally support any of the parties involved. My heart is with the plight of the Syrian people. And I pray, that it is the intellectual minds, with sound judgement, are the ones who prevail in attaining freedom for the Syrian people, peacefully.

Posted · Report post

The US today attacked a convoy of regime forces and allied militia heading to a border town within Syria.

This is the 4 time in recent past that either the US or Israel have launched airstrikes and the much vaunted Russian air defence systems haven't engaged the targets. Just goes to show that even the Russians are only going to do 'so' much in defence of their ally.

ndad