Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moments in history

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Asalamo-a-laikum.

Use this one for images from points in our histroy. It can be anything really, people visiting and that kind of thing.

Here's the first one, if I'm not mistaken that's the 'greatest and most brave soldier' Pakistan ever produced Ayub Khan standing to the left of Jackie Kennedy.

Any idea who the others are?

post-227-136478993855.jpg

Posted · Report post

And you can see the Nawab of Kalabagh right behind him.

Posted · Report post

Asalamo-a-laikum.

Use this one for images from points in our histroy. It can be anything really, people visiting and that kind of thing.

Here's the first one, if I'm not mistaken that's the 'greatest and most brave soldier' Pakistan ever produced Ayub Khan standing to the left of Jackie Kennedy.

Any idea who the others are?

I don't think Ayub was the greatest or the bravest soldier of Pakistan in any way. He was never put to test to prove it. I do think that Ayub was one of the best Chiefs that the Pakistan Army has had.

Posted · Report post

Asalamo-a-laikum.

Sorry perhaps I wasn't being clear enough, I was actually being sarcastic. Ayub Khan was a bonafide coward with a yellow streak a mile wide. He was incompetent and stupid.

Hasher, thanks for the ID of the nawab.

Posted · Report post

Asalamo-a-laikum.

Sorry perhaps I wasn't being clear enough, I was actually being sarcastic. Ayub Khan was a bonafide coward with a yellow streak a mile wide. He was incompetent and stupid.

Hasher, thanks for the ID of the nawab.

Ok got it. In the past there have been some bona fide supporters of Ayub Khan thus I wanted to get some input in.

Posted (edited) · Report post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13291[/ATTACH]

I recently bought this gem of an article from the Chicago Tribune archives. Not sure if this has been discussed on PakDef (or indeed anywhere) before.

Mods, please move to relevant section as could not find a dedicated thread for the 1965 War.

Edited by Usman A.