Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pakistan Army Pictures & Videos - II

991 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'd like those pick-ups to be history . The Mohafiz needs to make new appearences in areas like Waziristan. The terrain is perfect for those massive tires:p

WHOAAA! I just noticed the motorcycle helmet! what's up with that?

Posted · Report post

I'd like those pick-ups to be history . The Mohafiz needs to make new appearences in areas like Waziristan. The terrain is perfect for those massive tires:p

WHOAAA! I just noticed the motorcycle helmet! what's up with that?

That is just to keep the Mgunner from getting black and dusty due to the dusty and arrid conditions. The helmet provides a little bit of protection but aside from that, it does not do anything else.

Posted · Report post

That is just to keep the Mgunner from getting black and dusty due to the dusty and arrid conditions. The helmet provides a little bit of protection but aside from that, it does not do anything else.

Thanks for clearing things up

post-4469-1364789876.jpg

post-4469-136478987601.jpg

post-4469-136478987602.jpg

Posted · Report post

Pics form ISPR. Some interesting conclusions.

These are from this year's summer exercises around Lahore where a 78 year old heat record was broken with temperatures hitting 50C. Imagine being out in the afternoon sun with those temperatures.

Ahsan seems to have a very engaging and comfortable way of dealing with his men which should be positive for morale.

Our infantry men are very creative with camouflaging to the extent that it might even interfere with usage of their weapons.:D

These and other pictures from the exercises indicate a high percentage of MP5 usage by our infantry. Off course any sane infantry men would prefer a lighter load, but in our environment where firefights would be across long distances, increased used of MP5 could compromise fire power.

post-24-136478988159.jpg

post-24-136478988173.jpg

post-24-136478988179.jpg

post-24-136478988184.jpg

Posted · Report post

Pics form ISPR. Some interesting conclusions.

These are from this year's summer exercises around Lahore where a 78 year old heat record was broken with temperatures hitting 50C. Imagine being out in the afternoon sun with those temperatures.

Ahsan seems to have a very engaging and comfortable way of dealing with his men which should be positive for morale.

Our infantry men are very creative with camouflaging to the extent that it might even interfere with usage of their weapons.:D

These and other pictures from the exercises indicate a high percentage of MP5 usage by our infantry. Off course any sane infantry men would prefer a lighter load, but in our environment where firefights would be across long distances, increased used of MP5 could compromise fire power.

Boota saheb,

MP-5s are usually assigned to section leaders or officers. They have the option to use a rifle, but in most cases prefer the lighter MP-5 as they are usually the ones directing the troops. For the camouflage, I am sure some became a bit over-enthusiastic in camouflaging their weapon, but I think as long as the gun's action is not hindered, it can fire just fine.

Posted · Report post

i didnt know the VCOAS gets an SSG CP unit as well? interesting.

Posted · Report post

I don't think it used to be so until the Karachi suicide bomber assasination attempt.

Posted · Report post

The vice chief has SSG protection from day 1 (8th October 2001). As per protocol the vice chief get the same level of CP cover as COAS (when he is not the president or CMLA) :)

Cheers,

Posted · Report post

The vice chief has SSG protection from day 1 (8th October 2001). As per protocol the vice chief get the same level of CP cover as COAS (when he is not the president or CMLA) :)

Cheers,

Well even more so now when the VCoAS actually is the one running the Army. From what I can recall, the following are entitled to SSG CP detachment:

President of Pakistan

Prime Minister of Pakistan

CoAS

VCoAS

Others as the need arises (this could include the PSOs or the Corps Commanders on an as-needed basis).

The CNS/CAS get their own teams but not from SSG/A.

Posted · Report post

what i have noticed and witnessed, all the generals have an SSG guy with them all the time, though not wearing the SSG beret but his own regiments, but the SSG wing on his chest and plethora of wings on right shoulders is tell-tale,

you may recall when the present VCOAS was attacked in Karachi when he was corps commander, one of the killed was the SSG guy sitting next to the driver and was the first one to die.

Posted · Report post

what i have noticed and witnessed, all the generals have an SSG guy with them all the time, though not wearing the SSG beret but his own regiments, but the SSG wing on his chest and plethora of wings on right shoulders is tell-tale,

you may recall when the present VCOAS was attacked in Karachi when he was corps commander, one of the killed was the SSG guy sitting next to the driver and was the first one to die.

Yep I looked into this aspect too. The story is that for Corps commanders, ex-SSG NCOs/ORs are being used in the CP role. The men are now back in their own units (that is out of SSG) but have been drawn for the CP duties with these Corps Commanders. AFAIK, no Corps Commander has active SSG manpower in his detail.

Posted · Report post

Yep I looked into this aspect too. The story is that for Corps commanders, ex-SSG NCOs/ORs are being used in the CP role. The men are now back in their own units (that is out of SSG) but have been drawn for the CP duties with these Corps Commanders. AFAIK, no Corps Commander has active SSG manpower in his detail.

I am quite sure, all the Corps Commanders get active SSG guys, though they dont wear the SSG uniform, they havent been sent back to their units but posted from SSG to the various formations for this particular role, and are reverted back to SSG when their tenure is over

Posted · Report post

I am quite sure, all the Corps Commanders get active SSG guys, though they dont wear the SSG uniform, they havent been sent back to their units but posted from SSG to the various formations for this particular role, and are reverted back to SSG when their tenure is over

Could be true and my information incorrect as the fact of the matter is that JCO/NCO/ORs in the SSG serve for life (until or unless they cannot maintain the unit standards and are RTU'd). However not wearing their uniform is something that does not sound right.

Posted · Report post

well, i dont think that matters, but with SSG peraphernalia, it will bring a lot of sarcasm like wasting SSG people on chowkidari although they may be doing the same the same thing wearing the Baluch beret, for example

just accross the border, constant criticism for using Black Cats for protecting even cabinet ministers and state assembly leaders refuses to die down,

Posted · Report post

well, i dont think that matters, but with SSG peraphernalia, it will bring a lot of sarcasm like wasting SSG people on chowkidari although they may be doing the same the same thing wearing the Baluch beret, for example

just accross the border, constant criticism for using Black Cats for protecting even cabinet ministers and state assembly leaders refuses to die down,

Black cats do not constitute the Para commando units of Indian army aka elite commando units, the teeth of Indian army infantry. While on the other hands SSG is and continue to be the teeth for the Pakistan army. Using it for chauki-dari is not good. We should have a separate units specially train for these duties. Rangers are training specialize units for ATT roles. They should be used for chauki-dari. Not SSG.

Posted · Report post

Black cats do not constitute the Para commando units of Indian army aka elite commando units, the teeth of Indian army infantry. While on the other hands SSG is and continue to be the teeth for the Pakistan army. Using it for chauki-dari is not good. We should have a separate units specially train for these duties. Rangers are training specialize units for ATT roles. They should be used for chauki-dari. Not SSG.

Yusuf saheb,

This is a valid criticism. I think the SSG should be pulled out of these tasks altogether and a specialized CP entity should be created. On the other hand, no less than the commander SSG swears by the fact that this is a tasking that has been given to the SSG and they cater to it by properly training and manning this requirement.

Posted · Report post

i agree. its also strange you mentioned it earlier saad, but i have not seen the prime minister with an SSG member (atleast in uniform) in a very long time. he seems to be surrounded by men in suits, often wearing earpieces, but never in uniform. the most visible CP protection definitely goes to musharraf. he has atleast four SSG men around him at all times.

Posted · Report post

i agree. its also strange you mentioned it earlier saad, but i have not seen the prime minister with an SSG member (atleast in uniform) in a very long time. he seems to be surrounded by men in suits, often wearing earpieces, but never in uniform. the most visible CP protection definitely goes to musharraf. he has atleast four SSG men around him at all times.

PM Shaukat Aziz also gets the same level of CP from the same SSG team. The difference is that he is a civilian PM thus it looks odd having people in uniform around him, as such the SSG operators don civvies. Musharraf being the CoAS and being in uniform most of the time does not look that odd with other uniformed SSG guards. However you will notice that whenever Musharraf travels overseas (out of uniform), obviously the SSG CP team also switches over to Suits.

Posted · Report post

yes, you are right. i have noticed that. will SSG CP teams accompany the president everywhere? i thought it was the responsibility of the host country to provide protection to the guest. i have definitely seen a recurring member of the CP team (scary looking dude) on foreign tours with musharraf. he's usually in the vicinity and closely keeping an eye out.

Posted · Report post

A really interesting picture. Can someone shed some light on this, i.e. what kind of upgrade the Mi-17 has undergone?

Pakistani Army Patrols Taliban Stronghold On Afghan Border

NORTH WAZIRISTAN, PAKISTAN - FEBRUARY 17: A Pakistani Army helicopter pilot adjusts an LCD map February 17, 2007 while flying the press to see military outposts in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal area. NATO and the Afghan government say that Taliban and Al Qaida fighters cross into Afghanistan from the Pakistani tribal areas to stage attacks on NATO troops, especially since a peace deal was signed in September 2006 between Pakistani forces and the Taliban in North Waziristan. The Pak military, which has 80,000 troops stationed in the tribal areas near the border, says the Afghan government and NATO should stop blaming Pakistan for Afghanistan's internal problems. (Photo by John Moore/Getty Images)

This is a cockpit of PA Mi-171 build by Ulan-Ude (UUAP). Hiding from the eye sight are instrument panels on each pilot are FLIR imagery screens. There is in-build GPS system but most of these helicopters have a back-up GPS system installed which is visible.

Posted · Report post

Here is Lal Masjid and the PA in pictures..

post-4469-136478988316.jpg

post-4469-136478988317.jpg

Posted · Report post

Is that a Glock 17?

post-917-13647898869.jpg

Posted · Report post

Wrong attitude for this forum. Please delete post.

Posted · Report post

Wrong attitude? Please explain.

I just want to confirm if that is the weapon Musharraf has on his right . How is this a wrong attitude?

Posted · Report post

Wrong attitude? Please explain.

I just want to confirm if that is the weapon Musharraf has on his right . How is this a wrong attitude?

He was pointing out to the deleted post.

Yes, Musharraf does carry a Glock but not sure which Glock.