JF-17 Related Discussion – Jan ~ Dec 2019

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

There is another interesting aspect of this news. Raptor III has a range restricted to 300 km to comply with MTCR. A local version will likely have a longer range. 

At 500 km we could easily target New Delhi from our air space and easily exhaust S-400 batteries. Also most Indian Air Force bases can be targeted. We just need to maintain air superiority over our own airspace. 

To work at long ranges, we must be using Chinese satellites for communication. Perhaps terminal guidance can be taken over by ground controllers once the weapon has been launched, unlike H4 where a pilot is needed for terminal guidance. 

Abd-rehman Ali and Aliusman like this

Posted · Report post

Assalamoalaikum.

Whether just rumours or true, indians always claimed RAAD I to be Pakistani version of Raptor III which was abandoned. So it must be different from Raptor III inshaAllah. 

There were some interesting discussions last year on chinese forum about the width of Raad to be applied to wing pylons of JF-17, being claimed to be too wide. Though I didn't agree at that time but if that is the case, it can be a version to be easily applied to JF-17 as the magnitude of explosion and crater is too much for smaller SOW.

Posted · Report post

I think again I think, PAF used PGM glide bombs rather then some SOW.

Perhaps of 2000lb?

Posted · Report post

Perhaps of 2000lb?

​Most probably FT-2 or 3, if JF-17 were used for interdiction.

H Khan likes this

Posted · Report post

Perhaps of 2000lb?

​Most probably FT-2 or 3, if JF-17 were used for interdiction.

Assalamoalaikum.

If we see the video in slow motion, there is a clear wave forming an umbrella and then the actual blast, isn't it like FUEL-AIR bomb? I mean the warhead can be of thermobaric bombs. There were some rumours, specially on indian forums, few years back that we were interested in thermobaric bombs technology from Brazil, perhaps they have their own MOAB.

Posted · Report post

There is a pressure wave and it goes more sideways than upwards. Just like the explosion itself. Look up videos of bomb explosions on YouTube. They go up more. This is not a fuel air explosion or a regular bomb. Perhaps a penetration warhead of some kind. It seems to be designed to do maximum damage on the ground. 

https://youtu.be/oiZTGHU3KkU

asfanyarahmad likes this

Posted · Report post

There is a pressure wave and it goes more sideways than upwards. Just like the explosion itself. Look up videos of bomb explosions on YouTube. They go up more. This is not a fuel air explosion or a regular bomb. Perhaps a penetration warhead of some kind. It seems to be designed to do maximum damage on the ground. 

https://youtu.be/oiZTGHU3KkU

Thanks a lot bro.