Welcome to PakDef.org : Pakistan Military Consortium
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Money Back

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

NoorKashmiri

NoorKashmiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Great. Every Pakistani forum suffers from this BS. Why can't we all just get along?! I saw Tonnes of it on pakistanidefenceforum.com, defence.pk suffered from the same (and was over run by Indian trolls). This one was the mature forum. What happened? None of us are kids, I know I've been around long enough. At the very least the average member is in his 30's.
  • Hasher and Ulla like this

zeeshan

zeeshan

• Senior Members
  • 3,870 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Assalamaoalukum,

I have been here since day one and no this forum will not shut down. i am sure sane minds will make rational decisions when things cool down a bit. 

• A Khan, aliyusuf and Ulla like this

And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me."

But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me."

No! But you do not honor the orphan

And you do not encourage one another to feed the poor.

And you consume inheritance, devouring [it] altogether,

And you love wealth with immense love.

Surat Al-Fajr.(89:15-20).

Aziz

Aziz

• Members
  • 2,865 posts

Great. Every Pakistani forum suffers from this BS. Why can't we all just get along?! I saw Tonnes of it on pakistanidefenceforum.com, defence.pk suffered from the same (and was over run by Indian trolls). This one was the mature forum. What happened? None of us are kids, I know I've been around long enough. At the very least the average member is in his 30's.

Yes, it's very sad and annoying but the decision appears to have been made. It's a shame that egos get involved.

Aziz
  • yasser, aliyusuf and Abd-rehman Ali like this
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Sultan

Sultan

• Members
  • 3,298 posts
I love how H Khan locked the other thread after he made the last post.

If H Khan is going to start threatening people with closing down this forum just because of his ego then it is only right he refunds each and every member who contributed to the project narrative.
  • yasser and Hasher like this
“In times of conflict the soldier does not control the war, rather the war controls the soldier. Occasionally, in the midst of such chaos and insanity windows of opportunity appear open to exploitation. It is how the window of opportunity is exploited, by the soldier, that defines the battle.... a battle which upholds the fallacy of the soldier in control of the war” (Anonymous).

A Khan

A Khan

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

I will kindly request all members, specially those who are senior to me in age, to just take a few steps back and look at this issue again after some time. We have all contributed to this forum in some way, and enjoy the company and knowledge that we gain from other members in this forum on matters related to our beloved country Pakistan and our armed forces. I have personally learnt so much over more than a decade I have been a member, and I hope that we can continue to learn from each other in the coming years also. Closing down the forum is not really an answer to anything.

• Abd-rehman Ali and IbnAbdullah like this

mominkhan

mominkhan

• Senior Members
  • 2,625 posts

Calm down folks.  Please do not escalate the situation.  Lets all take a deep breath and get back to discussing other topics.  There is no need to take one issue and blow it out of proportion.

Musalmaan ko musalmaan kar diya, toofan-i maghrib nay
talatum-ha'ay darya he say hai gohar ki sairaabi
--M. Iqbal

Sultan

Sultan

• Members
  • 3,298 posts

I will kindly request all members, specially those who are senior to me in age, to just take a few steps back and look at this issue again after some time. We have all contributed to this forum in some way, and enjoy the company and knowledge that we gain from other members in this forum on matters related to our beloved country Pakistan and our armed forces. I have personally learnt so much over more than a decade I have been a member, and I hope that we can continue to learn from each other in the coming years also. Closing down the forum is not really an answer to anything.

There is only one person threatening to close down this forum....
  • yasser likes this
“In times of conflict the soldier does not control the war, rather the war controls the soldier. Occasionally, in the midst of such chaos and insanity windows of opportunity appear open to exploitation. It is how the window of opportunity is exploited, by the soldier, that defines the battle.... a battle which upholds the fallacy of the soldier in control of the war” (Anonymous).

mominkhan

mominkhan

• Senior Members
  • 2,625 posts

Will try some track 2 diplomacy.

• A Khan likes this
Musalmaan ko musalmaan kar diya, toofan-i maghrib nay
talatum-ha'ay darya he say hai gohar ki sairaabi
--M. Iqbal

A Khan

A Khan

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

There is only one person threatening to close down this forum....

I know, and I hope that one person also sees things differently after getting some distance from what was happening in the navy thread and also realises that if he closes down this forum, it wont solve anything and there will not be any winners from that outcome.

• yasser likes this

H Khan

H Khan

• Administrators
  • 15,367 posts

Syed will reply soon and don’t start another threat!

H Khan

Pakistanis (irrespective of their standing in society) exult gossip, paranoia, superstition, and conspiracy theories more than the science of history- H Khan

SyedA

SyedA

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,389 posts

I am here and will be actively monitoring and moderating the forums here. I think I have been absent for a long time. Few things first.

1. Money back for what? the Narrative Project. That project was not started by H Khan or myself and everyone donated money for the love of your country, I have ran this website since 1988 and put money and time into it, so please do not be petty. If you are going to be petty about it, leave the forum, no feelings will be hurt. 

2. Second, Admins are placed here for a reason, we close and locked threads due to number of reasons which you are not privy to. At times we know what is happening in the background, who is monitoring, what opinions are being formed based on postings here. You all know what happened to Rashid who use to write here from PN. Those of you remember him, he was court-martialed cause  he was being watched by MI.

3. If you are going to make this forum look bad, bicker, fight, and be petty I will ban you myself without any warning.

4. One of the fortes of this forum has always been discuss what we know for a fact, and not go on tangents, speculations and wishes. That is why we were able to form credibility unlike other forums. We don't discuss hearsay and take it as gossple. There are lots of blogs, discussion forums and independent writers who have their sources and they can write whatever they want but we dont take that as news cause we cannot verify that data. This is not just a site for bunch of hobbyists and patriots, data from here is used by other organizations, institutions, hence we need to keep the level of maturity, level of intellect and don't turn into BR where derogatory terms are every day life, sound more like a "pan ki dukan" talk.

You can reference other blogs and forums but just as another point of view. You present it and move on. No need to fight over it. Just cause someone said it doesn't mean it's true and if it is true then time will prove it.

I hope this makes it clear where I and other admins stand, if this doesnt satisfy you, you are welcome to leave.

And yes I am back!

• Uzair, Amar and IbnAbdullah like this

Sultan

Sultan

• Members
  • 3,298 posts
Thanks for the update Syed and good to see you back! Can I confirm if the above of what you posyed also applies to the admins on the forum when they get involved in discussions?
  • yasser, Muhammad Hasan and Zahidr like this

Aziz

Aziz

• Members
  • 2,865 posts

I am here and will be actively monitoring and moderating the forums here. I think I have been absent for a long time. Few things first.

1. Money back for what? the Narrative Project. That project was not started by H Khan or myself and everyone donated money for the love of your country, I have ran this website since 1988 and put money and time into it, so please do not be petty. If you are going to be petty about it, leave the forum, no feelings will be hurt. 

2. Second, Admins are placed here for a reason, we close and locked threads due to number of reasons which you are not privy to. At times we know what is happening in the background, who is monitoring, what opinions are being formed based on postings here. You all know what happened to Rashid who use to write here from PN. Those of you remember him, he was court-martialed cause  he was being watched by MI.

3. If you are going to make this forum look bad, bicker, fight, and be petty I will ban you myself without any warning.

4. One of the fortes of this forum has always been discuss what we know for a fact, and not go on tangents, speculations and wishes. That is why we were able to form credibility unlike other forums. We don't discuss hearsay and take it as gossple. There are lots of blogs, discussion forums and independent writers who have their sources and they can write whatever they want but we dont take that as news cause we cannot verify that data. This is not just a site for bunch of hobbyists and patriots, data from here is used by other organizations, institutions, hence we need to keep the level of maturity, level of intellect and don't turn into BR where derogatory terms are every day life, sound more like a "pan ki dukan" talk.

You can reference other blogs and forums but just as another point of view. You present it and move on. No need to fight over it. Just cause someone said it doesn't mean it's true and if it is true then time will prove it.

I hope this makes it clear where I and other admins stand, if this doesnt satisfy you, you are welcome to leave.

And yes I am back!

What is project narrative then? I believed it to be a pakdef initiative..

Anyway, I presume that pakdef is now not closing and thank god you are back.

Aziz
  • Sultan and yasser like this
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

A.Choudry

A.Choudry

• Members
  • 223 posts

pakdef is closing? what did I miss? 

After reading what Syed has said I have to concur. Ive been lurking on this form for years and credit it with providing me with a respectable idea about the military in Pakistan.There is no other forum on the net that can do that and they way it is done here is important too. Like Syed said if you want the paan ki dukan atmosphere then there are other places for that. I hope this does not close due to misunderstandings. 

yasser

yasser

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

I am glad you are back Syed. I remember you well from the old days and I know you are fair. All people are pointing out was when one moderator started to insult other forum members (who consquently left). This was the main issue.

• Sultan likes this

H Rehman

H Rehman

• Members
  • 922 posts

I am sure there are codified rules stated somewhere on this forum about conduct and quality. If not, then make a post to explicitly state them. Some of the things Syed stated in his post above, I wasn't aware of. It would be great that if in the future when an objection is raised by an admin and a post is closed/deleted it would reference a rule/violation (i.e., too speculative, bad source, too tangential to the discussion, etc.) I have been on this forum a long time too. Though not as active a poster on military matters like other members, I do make a point of reading every chance I get. Aside from one or two fringe troublemakers over last decade or so, I don't see anyone that deserves to be banned. Even Vivek served his purpose, however weird and comical that was at times :)

I think an absence of reference to a specific rule of conduct, when negative action is taken, makes it look personal or ego driven. I am sure that is not the motivation on the part of Admins, specifically in this case H Khan. Perhaps it gets a little bit like herding cats at times to keep people on point and becomes frustrating. That is understandable. However, members should be given a little more benefit of the doubt that they would bring the discussion back to focus. I don't think people intentionally try to derail discussions but discussions by their very nature are part fact and part opinion. They will tend to be chaotic at times but without that chaos, new lines of thought would not emerge. I hope the forum stays open and I get to enjoy y'all's virtual company a bit longer.   

• Usman S., yasser, zubairi and 7 others like this
"There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no one independence quite so important, as living within your means."

Gaf

Gaf

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Welcome back Syed ( but really, where and why did you go in the first place ??? )

Rashid from PN is new "news", to me, a bit suprised to hear this ( shouldn't be, etc.. but .. ).

Gaf

yusufy

yusufy

• Members
  • 341 posts

I will be a little more blunt if I may, please do not close this forum, I visit it more than I visit my family.

I need the news, expert opinions, and the general sense of camaraderie that we have enjoyed over the past many many years.  

It will be a terrible loss.  Also had no idea about Rashid, and welcome back Syed.

NoorKashmiri

NoorKashmiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Hi, i think the opening post has been deleted so this now looks as if my reply, is the first post of this thread. I'd like to confirm that I don't know what project narrative is, i have never contributed towards it in any way.

I'm glad by the looks of things people have cooled down. As Muslims and Pakistani's we suffer dark days and we don't help ourselves by not tolerating each other and our flaws. We should try to focus on what unites us, not what divides us. There are not many places where you will find Pakistani patriots, people will love of the nation ahead of their love for their political party, or ahead of their love of their own opinions sometimes! We are few, we shouldn't split when it can be helped.

Moderating forums is not easy, it's a thankless task. Sometimes moderators make mistakes, sometimes members take offence where none is given. I speak from some experience in the matter. forums have rules, as Syed makes clear in point 4, Pakdef has always been a bit on the serious side, this has led to them being considered a source of authority in the wider media community. Perhaps more speculative content runs the risk of upsetting that? It's upto the admin to consider if they need to find a space to accomodate that on the forum (if there is demand), or alternatively stick to long established protocols.

• yasser and A Khan like this

Uzair

Uzair

• Members
  • 1,490 posts

You all know what happened to Rashid who use to write here from PN. Those of you remember him, he was court-martialed cause  he was being watched by MI.

Welcome back Syed bhai. Rashid was court martial? Why? Surprising to me.

Pakistan Zindabad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users