Pakistan Air Force News - 2017

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This thread is for news only - any other post will be deleted without warning. For any discussion, kindly use the relevant thread on the main forum. Old thread is here:

Posted · Report post

Apart from maybe Sabre and F-16, I think this is most loved plane in PAF!

Pakistan Air Force achieves milestone by completing overhaul of 50th C-130

RAWALPINDI: The engineering section of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) achieved a milestone by successfully carrying out complete overhaul of the country’s 50th C-130 on Wednesday.

In a ceremony held at PAF Base Nur Khan to mark rollout of the 50th C-130 aircraft, the PAF engineering team handed over the indigenously refurbished aircraft to PAF.

Air Chief Marshall Sohail Aman, the chief guest at the ceremony, lauded PAF’s achievement and stressed  that the challenges faced by the country demand focus on indigenous capabilities.

“It is because of the confidence and professional excellence of the PAF personnel that a number of programmes aimed at indigenisation have been initiated,” he said.

The Air Chief Marshall vowed that the PAF would always come up to the expectations of the nation.

“The Pakistan Air Force has maintained balance of power in the region and if faced by any challenges, it would always fulfill the nation’s expectations,” he said.

The Air Chief Marshall also referred to the PAF's role in the war against terror and said that besides fighter jets, C-130s also contributed significantly in the campaign.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/134323-Pakistan-Air-Force-achieves-milestone-by-completing-overhaul-of-50th-C-130

Posted · Report post

Does Pakistan have 50 C-130s?

No, over years fleet has fluctuated between 12-18 aircraft and we have got used ones from US, Iran and Australia. Also planes are often overhauled more then once and it also probably takes account ones we have done for foreign forces too

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the clear up yasir.The news should have read '50th overhaul of C-130', completely clueless  reporting by folks from  geo.

Posted · Report post

PAF Academy in Risalpur named after Air Marshal Asghar Khan
NAVEED SIDDIQUI
PUBLISHED 30 MINUTES AGO

A grand ceremony was held at the Pakistan Air Force Academy in Risalpur on Wednesday night to celebrate the renaming of the academy after Air Marshal (retd) Asghar Khan, who was the first Muslim Commander-in-Chief of Pakistan Air Force.

The aviation cadets of PAF Academy presented a parade at the event where Asghar Khan was the chief guest.

A short documentary encompassing the Khan's career was also shown during the ceremony.

Later on, Air Marshal (retd) Asghar Khan unveiled the plaque of PAF Academy Asghar Khan.

"Air Marshal Asghar Khan is a man of high integrity and character who served the nation with his visionary leadership and earnestly worked for the upgradation and improvement of Pakistan Air Force," Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman said as he addressed the ceremony.

"Renaming of this prestigious institution after him is a befitting tribute to legendary," the air chief said.

The ceremony was attended by the former air chiefs, war veterans and a large number of retired and serving senior officers attended the ceremony.

yasser and Aliusman like this

Posted · Report post

http://www.airforcesmonthly.com/2017/05/19/pakistan-to-get-more-erieyes/

The Pakistan Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, told AFM in late April that the air arm is set to receive three new Saab 2000 Erieye airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft. The first will be delivered in December and the remaining pair will arrive next year.

They will boost the PAF’s AEW&C fleet, which is currently made up of three Erieyes serving 3 Squadron and four ZDK-03s with 4 Squadron.

Saab issued a press release on May 15 announcing that it had signed an AEW&C contract worth SEK 1.35bn (£120m), with deliveries being made from 2017 until 2020. It will not disclose the customer, as is its usual policy, but it is likely this is the same deal.

Two of the PAF’s existing Erieyes were seriously damaged in a terrorist attack on PAF Base Minhas in August 2012, but have now been returned to service. Both were rebuilt by PAF personnel at PAC Kamra with support from Saab – the last aircraft returned to service in 2016.

The PAF ordered four Erieyes in 2005, and these were delivered during 2009-11. Under Project Vision, initiated in 2000, the PAF has built up its own indigenous C4I system couple with surveillance systems and surface-to-air weapons. Information datalinked from both the ZDK-03 and Erieye is merged at the PAF’s Air Defence HQ at Chaklala, to provide the PAF with a single recognised air picture. Alan Warnes

Gaf likes this

Posted · Report post

http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/index.php?page=newsdetail&news_id=8471

Royal International Air Tattoo show; PAF sets eyes on second consecutive victory

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force’s C-130 aircraft has reached on Thursday at Royal Air Force Base Fair Ford UK to participate Air Tattoo Show 2017.

In line with the spokesperson of PAF, the No 21 squadron Hercules would be competing for the coveted Concours D' Elegance trophy at the Royal International Air Tattoo-2017.

It was reported that the event will be opening for the general public from July 14 till July 17.

This year theme of the air show is “21st Century Partnerships”.

According to the spokesperson, the PAF contingent comprising air and ground crew will be participating in the various competitions and events organized at this mega event.

It is vital to mention here that PAF C-130 had also won the prestigious trophy last year and had won three major trophies of the competition.

It was also learnt that the companies from the different air forces, air spaces and technologies are participating in this mega event.

Posted · Report post

Project AZM, possible in five years ?

Posted · Report post

Project AZM, possible in five years ?

Highly unlikely unless piggybacking on a Chinese project.

Aziz

Posted · Report post

The Turks might join in with SU-57 Pak-Fa programme. I concur Pak might end up with chinese solutions.

Posted · Report post

I am sad to see that in Pak Def the other forum people are slating Ret ACM Sohail Aman, How typical same people using to sing his praise and now are  calling him incompetent or dishonest. He promoted the Airforce by leading from front and re earned the respect and honor from his men and countrymen. 

This illusion that current chief is not like him ie not a glory hunter is  ainsult to both present and previous ACM as they both are great leader with different approach but same objective. We should avoid making allegations against people on heresay, unfortunately we the citizens have it in our society a heresay culture. I would like to respond to people in that group but there is so much clannishness and one sided view it will only turn into a heart break and a pile of sewerage filled conversation..

May Allah forgive these misguided internet Jocks for spreading false words about people.

Posted · Report post

I am sad to see that in Pak Def the other forum people are slating Ret ACM Sohail Aman, How typical same people using to sing his praise and now are  calling him incompetent or dishonest. He promoted the Airforce by leading from front and re earned the respect and honor from his men and countrymen. 

This illusion that current chief is not like him ie not a glory hunter is  ainsult to both present and previous ACM as they both are great leader with different approach but same objective. We should avoid making allegations against people on heresay, unfortunately we the citizens have it in our society a heresay culture. I would like to respond to people in that group but there is so much clannishness and one sided view it will only turn into a heart break and a pile of sewerage filled conversation..

May Allah forgive these misguided internet Jocks for spreading false words about people.

What is being said and why?

Aziz

Posted (edited) · Report post

Aziz

​Basically insinuations of ACM Sohail Aman being unqualified, a show-boater, etc. In fact, there weren't even any real accusations, just 'hints' and side comments which have zero value and are - to be frank - worse than heresay (where you at least have a baseless accusation, but an accusation at the minimum). Cheap talk basically. 

Edited by FaisalK

Posted · Report post

Aziz

Bilal Khan 777 said: 
The CAS is not a show-off like ACM Sohail Aman (Retd), and is doing his work without wanting to take pictures and acting like some kind of "visionary" fighter pilot.

There is a lot of things I can say about ACM Sohail Aman (Retd) that will undo all this PR stuntsbut its better we let it go. History will rightly tell what he did in his time was right or wrong.

This is what is been said

Posted · Report post

Aziz

​Basically insinuations of ACM Sohail Aman being unqualified, a show-boater, etc. In fact, there weren't even any real accusations, just 'hints' and side comments which have zero value and are - to be frank - worse than heresay (where you at least have a baseless accusation, but an accusation at the minimum). Cheap talk basically. 

​Do you think Retd ACM can be treated like  corrupt and morally bankrupt politicians,  I still think its pathetic we criticise senior officers without hard facts on basis of personal likeness and dislikeness. Retd ACM is no one to me but I have heard all praises from his officers and airmen. This leaders are serving intime of immense instability in country, while performing their duties they also try to boast morale. All Retd ACM`s are living quite life and Retd ACM Sohail Aman is still doing his charitable work, if he is glory hinter than he would have media surrounding him. If he did any work during his service and promoted it , it was purely raise the morale.

I am not accusing anyone , people are writing things  and when they write on open forum baseless things than when they are criticise, therefore  cannot be baseless accusation because its in black and white. 

rAli and FaisalK like this

Posted · Report post

Baseless accusations wont stick and online comments don't tar the reputation of good people that easily. I am not overly concerned about what people on forums have to say about military leaders of Pakistan as its all heresay

Posted · Report post

Baseless accusations wont stick and online comments don't tar the reputation of good people that easily. I am not overly concerned about what people on forums have to say about military leaders of Pakistan as its all heresay

​Unfortunately our EDUCATED ILLITERATES believe anything written on web and that is majority. I expressed my displeasure about the individual , as I said baseless or not , it is written on a reasonably popular forum therefore baseless becomes fact in eyes of our esteemed internet Jocks. I mean no disrespect for you but from the comments made by that individual it clearly shows integrity and respect is not a trait which good people have on that forum. BTW people do believe in heresay , example loadsheding is been eliminated by the last government, CPEC was last government doing and khallaie makhlook. We are living in a world of liars and deceitful people and that was my reason of sadness and expressing my views on this forum  rather than that forum where people swear, abuse and tell lies. I only go there because there are few good people there who write quite informative narratives.

I have more than dozen family members serving in armed forces from one star to three, i find it humiliating when people write slanderous acquisition may they be baseless or hearsay against Defenders of our Motherland. I think patriotism is dying or else insult towards people who served the nation for almost 40 years would not happen.

I dont know how old you are I am over 50 and have lost family members defending our Motherland, also I was raised to ferociously defend our Motherlands honor and integrity . I hope you understand my sentiments and reasons for explaining myself

rAli likes this

Posted · Report post

Yup I understand the sentiments as I am from a military family on both sides as well, though not quite as old as you. I know the forum you mean and some of the individuals that spew anti-Pakistan military rhetoric there. I stopped taking it personally as truth comes out either way and baseless and false accusations are recognized as such eventually. 

Nasr likes this