Pakistan Air Force Related Discussion: Jan ~ Dec 2017

463 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Khalid, how about you stop giving statements and criticising other. How about you start contributing something useful for once mate. Negativity won't get you anywhere.

Edited by ARMalik
yasser, mominkhan and Ulla like this

Posted · Report post

Assalamaoalukum

Pakistan Foreign ministry is finally confirming that an Iranian drone was shot down on June 19th four kilometre inside Pakistani territory. (Not true it is actually 40 km).

It took so many days to confirm and it shows the reason why no one takes us seriously. We should have released this information immediately and should have called Iranian ambassador and given him shit and warned him that we will take out their base from which this drone came from next time.

We always make ourselves look weak and these clowns stronger. When it comes to Afghanistan and Iran we must use completely disproportional force to show them who is the boss. We must clearly align with the Saudis and Americans when it comes to Iran and dismantel their sand castles and their extreme ideological base.

on the side note the drone was shot down by S/L Zeeshan

Gaf and ndad like this

Posted · Report post

Despite the intense pressure from KSA and UAE, Pakistan is trying hard to stay neutral in their conflict with Iran. However, if Iran continues with episodes like these, Pakistan may end up reconsidering its stance vis-à-vis Iran in the ME conflict. Given the tension on east and west, Pakistan doesn’t want any issues with Iran. Yet their action may force Pakistan’s hand.

Question remains, who the eff do the saudis think they are dictating to? And who the eff does Iran think it is? This isnt the Godfather movie and Pakistan is NOT going to entertain emotional tantrums of either Iran or Saudi Arabia. I have warned about this again and again and again. If the leadership does not get its head out of the sand and give these two over grown brats (Iran & Saudi Arabia) a shut-up call. Then expect to get dragged into this iranian-saudi nasty war, on a bed of thorns. The Iranians think Pakistan is on saudi side if Pakistan agrees to anything saudis call for. The saudis want Pakistan on their side because it's the only Muslim country with nuclear weapons. They (saudis) know that they can't dictate to the Turks, Egyptians or Qataris. So they pick on Pakistan even more. 

In the end, no matter how much brain cells you waste in denying it. But the saudis and iranian spate is being used to drag Pakistan into the conflict and for that reason alone, our nukes will be at risk. Remember that the zionist piglets have been trying to destroy Pakistan in one way or another, ever since we went nuclear. If y'all don't believe, then just wait and watch in utter shock, as things unfold right before your eyes. I do not like being right about things, in fact I hate it because I love my country. But this is inevitable that the recent events have taken place not out of coincidence. Syria, Iranian involvement ... Yemen, saudi onslaught ... Qatar and it's boycott led by saudis ... Turks joining forces with Qatar ... Iranians sending troops to border with Pakistan ... iranian spy drone shot down by Pakistan ...

Does everyone see where this is headed now? Wake the eff up guys (Pakistan Military Leadership).

Amar, Adnan M and Ulla like this

Posted · Report post

We can always rely on you to divert a PAF thread Nasr.....

On a side note this will do no harm to marketing efforts for JF-17. First kill and that in a week that a US F-15 used a AMRAAM to shoot down the same type of Iranian drone, we used a plane a third of the cost, with a missile a third of the cost of an AMRAAM to do exactly the same job.

That is what makes PAF so formidable.....

Posted (edited) · Report post

We need cool minds and cold, hard logic to navigate through these uncertain times.  Pakistan is navigating through the choppy waters quite well.  Despite having reservations about the PML government, the GoP/military have done a commendable job thus far.  Even the recent shoot down was the right amount of force/determination and the messaging was also low key as it should be.

Edited by SSAAD
Ulla, ndad and Fahad L like this

Posted · Report post

Yasser, that's a point well made. Whilst we don't have the most high tech jet, it is capable of doing the same jobs as aircraft which are far more expensive.

Posted · Report post

Was it a gun kill or PL-9?

Posted · Report post

I think it was gun kill. Looking at the images it seems like shell wounds

Posted · Report post

Plus some sources ae saying that UAV was inside the air space 4-5 KM not 45KM?

Posted · Report post

Parom is right next to the border. Maybe it was a small border surveillance UAV or a larger one on its way back when it was intercepted.

Posted · Report post

It's very easy to stray across the border due to contours of the land. If it is 4 to 5 kms I wouldn't read too much into it. Even if the drone was deeper in, it could have lost touch with the control centre. It would be more troubling is there was a pattern.

i think pak govt handled it very well and didn't make an issue out of it. And Iran has never been hostile to Pakistan and in fact has supplied pak with arms in times of war with India in the past. 

So unless I see a regular patern of air violation, I'd put it down to simple error. All good.

Aliusman likes this

Posted · Report post

I wish it was that simple but it is not. There is a mistrust between the two countries due to a number of issues on both side, example, Iranian hypocrisy and playing of sectarian card, and our Pak side the fact that the X COAS is now heading a Saudi alliance.