Member Info

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Has anyone hear from Munir recently?

He used to post regularly but hasn't in the recent past. Earlier today, I saw a tweet on the paksitanidefence account which stated that a poster by the name of 'Munir' had passed away. It's sad news regardless but especially so if it the same Munir who posted regularly on this forum.

ndad

Posted · Report post

Well, this is indeed a news of great concern I have just checked last time he was on Pakdef was Feb 19.

Can you get some verification on this issue

Posted · Report post

Well, this is indeed a news of great concern I have just checked last time he was on Pakdef was Feb 19.

Can you get some verification on this issue

Nope. That's why I posted this, hoping someone can .

ndad

Posted · Report post

He used to go by Windjammer on some other forums if I remember correctly.

Posted · Report post

I am guessing that the admins here @ Pakdef would have the email he registered with, and could try and reach out either directly to Munir, or the admins of paksitanidefence to clarify ?

PS. this is Munir @ 3.32 in this video :

And @ 3.23 in this video(he has sun glasses on, on the right, with a brown jumper on :

He is a young fella. Hoping news is not correct. I did check on his posting a few days a go, wondering where he had gotten to, or if he had just become bored on posting to these sites.

"Munirjayden" is his youtube channel.

SSAAD likes this

Posted · Report post

Has anyone hear from Munir recently?

He used to post regularly but hasn't in the recent past. Earlier today, I saw a tweet on the paksitanidefence account which stated that a poster by the name of 'Munir' had passed away. It's sad news regardless but especially so if it the same Munir who posted regularly on this forum.

ndad

I am extremely sorry to confirm this. It is the same Munir. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

Posted · Report post

Salaam

I am extremely sorry to confirm this. It is the same Munir. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

What happened?

Posted · Report post

Assalamaoalukum May Allah make it easier for his soul and have mercy on him. It is always sad to hear about someone as young as him passing away.

Posted · Report post

Really sad to hear this news. May Allah swt give him place in Jannah. Ameen.

Posted · Report post

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun. Really sad news :(

Posted · Report post

Very sorry to hear that. He was a nice guy. May Allah swt have mercy on him.

Posted · Report post

Very sad news indeed. I heard that he was battling with cancer.

Life is very short and we should try our level best to make sure we have a solid connection with Allaah, starting with diligently praying five times a day.

May Allaah (SWT) give him maghferah

Posted · Report post

Salaam

What happened?

As mentioned, he was suffering from cancer.

Should anyone be in The Netherlands this week and wish to attend the funeral, send me a PM. I don't want to post details here out of respect of his and his family's privacy.

FaisalK likes this

Posted · Report post

Inna lilahi wa inna ilahi rajoon

Very sorry to hear this news. I had my run ins with him, but he was always polite and a true patriot.

Aziz

FaisalK and ndad like this

Posted · Report post

Well, just post the location and time for the funeral and whoever wants to go should be able to go.

Plus I don't understand ths funeral issue who should have been buried by now?

FaisalK likes this

Posted · Report post

Inna lilahi wa inna ilahi rajoon.

Very sad news. May Allah open the doors of Jannat. May Allah give strengths to his family and also friends.

He will missed

FaisalK and Sultan like this

Posted · Report post

Should anyone be in The Netherlands this week and wish to attend the funeral, send me a PM. I don't want to post details here out of respect of his and his family's privacy.

A.A. Khan, if you are going to the funeral, then if you could pass on our afsos from everyone on this forum to his family, it will be much appreciated. Most of us are internationally based, and have no means by which we can do our afsos to his family.

Many people here knew him through his contributions and insights, and he was highly respected for this( I did very briefly meet him at Farnborough 2010).

RIP Munir, you will be missed.

A Khan, A.A. Khan, Aziz and 1 other like this

Posted · Report post

May Allah have mercy on his soul. He was enthusiastic and travelled to witness PAF participation in various displays and exercises and shared his experience and observations on this forum. He will be dearly missed.

Posted · Report post

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajeoon.

My condolences to the family. He was a nice guy. He just loved the JF-17. He was passionate about Pakistan even though he appeared to have been brought up or living in the Netherlands for a long time. May Allah forgive him for his mistakes. RIP, Munir.

Posted · Report post

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I remember reading Munir's posts going back as far as 2005 on the now defunct Pakistani defence forum. He was indeed a true patriot and a PAF enthusiast. He will be sorely missed. May Allah grant him a place in Jannah.

Posted · Report post

I remember whenever he talked about JF-17 was with passion. I think he would chain himself to JF-17 when it arrived in Paris

Hafeez and queman786 like this

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

This is very saddening to hear. This isn't the first time I've seen someone on the forum sphere pass away. We may not realize it, but we do build bonds here, very strong ones - ideas and beliefs. Losing someone like that isn't to be taken lightly.

IbnAbdullah, Aziz, Hafeez and 2 others like this

Posted · Report post

I was in Amsterdam last weekend.very sad indeed.

Posted · Report post

Truly shocking to hear this. Rest in peace Munir. I always read his posts with interest in various forums and learned from him. Never got a sense from his posts that he was battling life threatening condition.

If I recall correctly, his signature on another forum was to the effect "Dust to dust , ashes to ashes. Now I am dust"

Now that I think of it, makes sense why he used it.

A Khan, IbnAbdullah and FaisalK like this