Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sat Images: Turk Armor Deployed On Syrian Border

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Turkey-Border-Tanks-Satellite-Image-0805

The Turks reportedly began to reinforce their southern border with troops and equipment as early as July 3. But according to these images, which were taken July 26, we now know that that equipment includes Turkish-made main battle tanks and support units poised in a defensive position on the Turkish side of the border. 

...These satellite images are particularly telling. They show that Turkey is ready for the consequences of attacking Islamic State targets and interdicting the movement of supplies and fighters across the border with Syria and Iraq. Notably, Turkish troops are not preparing for offensive movement; they are holding their ground as political and military leaders try to plan future operations involving Syrian rebels, U.S. and/or Turkish air support and additional diplomatic maneuvering.

"Bringing Turkey's Border Strategy Into Focus is republished with permission of Stratfor."

Posted · Report post

Turkey-Border-Tanks-Satellite-Image-0805

"Bringing Turkey's Border Strategy Into Focus is republished with permission of Stratfor."

Tanks are show in the wrong direction in the last pic or not the formations looks like that I / I / I but it should be in the syrian direction like that ------

Posted · Report post

Remember that border isn't respected by ISIS. They may cross somewhere else and attack from the flanks. That's why those platoons are covering multiple directions.

Posted · Report post

I hope Pakistan and Turkey can provide each other manpower and hardware to eliminate ISIS. This is more and more like Lord of the Ring.... Evil getting stronger and stronger and destroying everything. I am ashamed that Islam is linked to this.

Posted · Report post

I hope Pakistan and Turkey can provide each other manpower and hardware to eliminate ISIS. This is more and more like Lord of the Ring.... Evil getting stronger and stronger and destroying everything. I am ashamed that Islam is linked to this.

Pick your poison: The Turks are also attacking the Kurds, and their goal is crippling Assad, who's supported by Iran, which is also opposed by GCC Arabs (who also hate Turkey) who are kinda aligned with Israel (which likes Turkey), while NATO is fanning the flames... So it's a bit more complex than Lord of the Rings lolz.

And then there's the sunni/shia sectarian nonsense adding more fuel to the fire (all of them collectively have been giving Islam a bad name for a thousand years.) Which is why we should stay the hell away from that hell-hole for now. 

Plus, we don't need to go that far to find ISIS-types to eliminate. One of them is right in our capital, shouting sermons from Lal-masjid. So maybe we should get our own house in order first.

Hafeez likes this

Posted · Report post

Plus, we don't need to go that far to find ISIS-types to eliminate. One of them is right in our capital, shouting sermons from Lal-masjid. So maybe we should get our own house in order first.

The ones in our capital shouting for ISIS are not the real problem. Trust me when I say, that they are being monitored. It's the ones in the shadows that support ISIS and TTP tha tare the real problem right now.

Posted · Report post

The ones in our capital shouting for ISIS are not the real problem. Trust me when I say, that they are being monitored. It's the ones in the shadows that support ISIS and TTP tha tare the real problem right now.

No brother, it's the other way around. Shadows only exist because of those standing in the light. You can keep hunting their shadows forever like a dog chasing its own tail. Until you hunt those who cast the shadows it's not gonna matter.

Mohammed Ali and deserthawks like this