Why The Forum Was Down.

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Assalamu Alaykum,

Just wanted to keep everyone appraised for the reasons why the site was down. PakDef this morning was hit by a bruteforce hacking attempt. We are going to adjust a few things to see if we can circumvent some of this. Basically, we have multiple IP's hitting the site's admin panels which causes the server to crash. No one has been able to breach anything though so we are good in terms of that. Just wanted everyone to know.

The jist of the story is that PakDef has been on the hit list of some anti-Pakistan idiots for sometime, therefore, what you folks write over here does make people loose their sleep. Also keeping the decorum should be essential part of our writing practices.

Thanks to Z for the foresight and keeping up the guard! Stay strong my friends

Thank you.

yasser, Ulla, Aliusman and 13 others like this

Posted · Report post

There was similar attack like the one on Pakdef.org/forum on Defence.pk recently and site got shut.

Sure we Pakistanis must be doing something right, that our enemies sees it with jealousy, causing stomach aches, and headaches.

The admin needs to keep its guard on, with regular security updates and upgrades to Pakdef.

Keep it up!

Pakistan Zindabad....Pakistan Paindabad hamesha.

Aliusman likes this

Posted · Report post

H Khan, thanks for bringing ti back on line. I felt something was missing from my life for the last week.

There was similar attack like the one on Pakdef.org/forum on Defence.pk recently and site got shut.

Sure we Pakistanis must be doing something right, that our enemies sees it with jealousy, causing stomach aches, and headaches.

The admin needs to keep its guard on, with regular security updates and upgrades to Pakdef.

Keep it up!

Pakistan Zindabad....Pakistan Paindabad hamesha.

M Ahmed, H Khan, yasser and 1 other like this

Posted · Report post

May I be of any help? Lemme know.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Anxiety Disorders in Older Adults. If you have an anxiety disorder, worry or fear becomes long-term and may get worse instead of better as time goes on. Doctors and older adults tend to view anxiety and fear as normal given the circumstances of aging. But developing an anxiety disorder late in life is not a normal part of aging. For example, CBT can help people with panic disorder learn that their panic attacks are not really heart attacks and help people with social phobia learn how to overcome the belief that others are always watching and judging them. When people are ready to confront their fears, they are shown how to use exposure techniques to desensitize themselves to situations that trigger their anxieties. how xanax look like. What are the symptoms of a panic attack? Typically, a first panic attack seems to come "out of the blue" occurring while a person is engaged in some ordinary activity like driving a car or walking to work. In order to meet the criteria necessary for an accurate diagnosis of panic attack, at least four of the following symptoms must be present: palpitations or rapid heart rate; breathlessness or difficulty breathing; nausea or churning stomach, choking sensations, feelings of unsteadiness, dizziness, light headedness or faintness; trembling or shaking; sweating; hot flushes or chills; chest pain (or heaviness/chest discomfort, which may also be accompanied by pain on the left arm/ pressure in the head), numbness or tingling sensations (mainly in hands and feet, but sometimes in the face or head). It is not uncommon for people to experience feeling detached from reality (depersonalisation) or that their surroundings are unreal (de-realisation). People may also fear losing control, dying, or going mad while experiencing a panic attack. is xanax 1 mg strong. Purchase Alprazolam Online - More Help: Order Xanax Online Medication Cheap 1998 xanax without prescription- Buy Alprazolam Online Cheap , cheap xanax. 3mg xanax high. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Can develop following a traumatic or terrifying event (like war combat). People experience lasting and frightening thoughts and memories of the event and tend to be emotionally numb. Social Anxiety Disorder - Overwhelming worry and self-consciousness about everyday social situations. The worry often centers on fear of being judged by others, or behaving in a way that might cause embarrassment or lead to ridicule. Specific Phobias - A specific phobia is an intense fear of a specific object or situation, such as spiders, heights, or flying. The level of fear is usually inappropriate to the situation and may cause the person to avoid common everyday situations. Buy Alprazolam No Rx Cheap - More hints: order Xanax online Take a medical-grade nutritional supplement to fill in any nutritional gaps. A daily supplement that includes necessary fatty acids is an important part of supporting natural neurotransmitter balance and general good health. Take our hormonal assessment (it's free). It will help you understand if your anxiety is actually a symptom of perimenopause or menopause. Using progesterone cream or bioidentical HRT may be a useful way to rebalance your hormones and soothe your anxiety. A major aim of CBT and behavioral therapy is to reduce anxiety by eliminating beliefs or behaviors that help to maintain the anxiety disorder. CBT or behavioral therapy generally lasts about 12 weeks. It may be conducted in a group, provided the people in the group have sufficiently similar problems. Group therapy is particularly effective for people with social phobia.

Posted · Report post

We are making some technical changes one of them is to move to a reliable service provider. 

If for some reasons the forum goes down we will post on the https://twitter.com/PakDef to keep you appraised what we are doing

A Khan likes this

Posted · Report post

Assalamu Alaykum,

Just wanted to keep everyone appraised for the reasons why the site was down. PakDef this morning was hit by a bruteforce hacking attempt. We are going to adjust a few things to see if we can circumvent some of this. Basically, we have multiple IP's hitting the site's admin panels which causes the server to crash. No one has been able to breach anything though so we are good in terms of that. Just wanted everyone to know.

The jist of the story is that PakDef has been on the hit list of some anti-Pakistan idiots for sometime, therefore, what you folks write over here does make people loose their sleep. Also keeping the decorum should be essential part of our writing practices.

Thank you.

Check it

Posted · Report post

We are making some technical changes one of them is to move to a reliable service provider. 

If for some reasons the forum goes down we will post on the https://twitter.com/PakDef to keep you appraised what we are doing

Thanks!

Multiple Quote Check it

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks!

Multiple Quote Check it

Yes, but there is no multi quote button as before.  Did you copy and paste?

Addendum:  Okay, I think I got it.  Just clicking on "Quote" on two different posts will do the same thing.

Edited by mominkhan

Posted (edited) · Report post

Assalamu Alaykum,

Thank you.

Check it

Thank you.  This is fixed for new posts but not old posts from the old forum. 

Edited by mominkhan

Posted · Report post

Please also remove "Member's total reputation" from under the avatar.  Thanks.

Posted · Report post

the last page button is sorely missed

A Khan likes this

Posted · Report post

Where is new posts link? 

​ It is available both in the desktop and mobile versions and marked with a star.

Posted · Report post

the last page button is sorely missed

There is one in the list of topics as well as the forum thread.  Can you explain more?

Posted · Report post

Assalamaoaukum

website was down for almost five days.

Posted · Report post

Where I am, basically the site was down for 6 days. I am afraid unplanned events like these may drive away good members to other sites (I hope not).

Posted · Report post

It was down for several days for reasons unknown  until we came to know today that Pakdef went beyond server limits. The cause might be that the developers have been using it.

Posted · Report post

Could you please ensure that you keep members updated via twitter? At least we know that efforts are afoot to resolve the problem. The forum going down is a pain but the lack of info exacerbates the issue. 

Thanks

ndad

Posted · Report post

Whilst I appreciate that the forum will go offline from time to time whether it be for maintenance or due to technical issues can the admins please notify via twitter so we know whats going on. 

Thanks

Posted · Report post

For some reason I wasn't able to access Pakdef.org/forum while I was in Pakistan. 

Posted · Report post

PakDef is back! What happened, why was the forum down for so long?

TKhan likes this